*NEW* Sprite Desktop CNC Machine, Turnkey System
NEW IMPROVED DESIGN!
The Sprite Complete Turnkey System: A Precision Desktop CNC Machine delivered completely built, tested and ready for connection to your computer.
We've taken our successful original DIY Desktop CNC Machine and redesigned those aspects that effect performance and capability to provide you with the most capable, versatile and cost-effective desktop CNC machine available.
New features and advancements include:
- NOW INCLUDED FREE solid machined motor couplings
- All-new billet aluminum, precision machined parts
- Larger work area 7" [178 mm] x 13" [330 mm] x 3.7" [94 mm]
- Fewer parts (previous assemblies are now single machined parts) for greater precision, accuracy and durability
- Built-in precise alignment of parts
- Pocketed bearings for precise alignment and reduced play
- Stiffer raised aluminum table incorporates slots and threaded holes for clamps and screw down fixtures - table now clears side rails and X motor for extended workspace
- Centered Z motor/drivetrain for extended Y axis travel and less canting/binding
- Anti-backlash mechanism now machined into axis carriage for greater accuracy and repeatability
- Z carriage features billet aluminum bolt-on tool plate and machined aluminum spindle mounts
- Now includes tools - hex wrenches
Our new and improved MyDIYCNC Desktop CNC Machine now includes precision CNC-milled aluminum parts throughout, vibration-isolating rubber feet, and our Upgrade Spindle incorporating ball bearing shaft, speed adjustment, built-in cooling fan and keyless 3-jaw chuck as standard.
As before, our CNC machines provide a native step resolution of 0.00025 inches (0.00635 mm) per step and our standard anti-backlash mechanism on each axis removes drit and provides high repeatability.
This is a complete system as per our specifications. The standard system is a parallel port machine. Add the optional MyDIYCNC USB Solution to provide a USB-driven CNC machine that includes our CNC software FabCAM for PC, Mac or Linux systems. We include a DVD-ROM providing our collection of favorite free and demo CAM/CAD/CNC applications, including our own FabCAM along with sample GCode files and a library of our technical documents (see product pictures). You will only need your choice of end mill and either the USB Solution upgrade or a PC port cable (currently parallel DB-25 M-F cable) if you go parallel.
All electronics, power supply, 12V spindle and instructions are included. The base parallel machine connects to your Windows or Linux/Ubuntu PC which you setup and configure as instructed with your choice of 3rd-party CNC software application (we recommend KCam or EMC2, both on the DVD). The USB Solution is even easier! Install FabCAM, the CNC software we provide, plug your CNC machine to an available USB port on your Windows, Mac or Linux computer, load your GCode and start milling.
Your MyDIYCNC Sprite Desktop CNC Machine includes a Priority VIP direct e-mail tech support account and access to our tech support website, our resources and downloads sections, and forum. These are setup automatically for you as part of the checkout process.