The Design & Specifications
- Clear, easy to follow design
- Comprehensive construction and operation manual
- A "Desktop" size form factor with letter size (8"x10") table/workspace
- Provide several project entry points: plans; kits; completed product
- Be built from either purchased or recycled (scavenged) materials and components
- Be budget-sensitive and cost-effective
- Operate with the majority of the commonly-available CNC apps
- Drive bipolar stepper motors (less expensive, more common, better torque)
- Buildable with minimal electronic or construction skills
- Configurable to accommodate a range of spindle options
- Configurable to accommodate milling, cutting, engraving, laser etching
- Footprint: 10" x 18"
- Max Length: 19 1/4" (will vary with motor choice)
- Max Width: 12 1/4" (will vary with motor choice)
- Overall Height: 15 3/4"
- Clearance mill to table: 3 5/8" (approx., will vary with bit choice)
- Table Dimensions: 8 1/2" x 11"
- Drive Mechanism: Threaded Rod
- Motors; 12V Bipolar Stepper Motors
- Axes Travel: X = 10"; Y = 8"; Z = 3 5/8"
- Resolution per step: 1/1000 inch
- Simple 3-chip design
- Drives bipolar stepper motors up to 24V
- Designed for standard enable/direction/step signal protocol
- Simple modular board-per-motor design
- Inexpensive, easy to source components for scratch builders
- Simple screw-down terminal connectors
- Designed to use standard PC Power Supply
- Includes spindle on/off control and limit switches control
- Uses PC parallel port (USB version in development)